Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Blog News 11/17/10


In anticipation for the release of Black Swan coming in December. I've finally decided on who will be my next subject in my Auteurs series essay and the person will be Darren Aronofsky. I will have some newly re-edited reviews of Pi, Requiem for a Dream, and The Wrestler plus a review of The Fountain. Also in anticipation for Black Swan will be an expanded review of the Powell/Pressburger classic The Red Shoes for its recent special edition release from the Criterion Collection.

Other related Criterion releases that I will review for the remainder of the year will be Wes Anderson's The Darjeeling Limited, Terrence Malick's The Thin Red Line, Michelangelo Antonioni's L'Avventura, Wong Kar-Wai's In the Mood for Love (plus an old review of Chungking Express), and Steven Soderbergh's Che. I also plan to have some holiday-related film reviews coming next month.

In the meantime, I want to make note on some blogs that I think people should read:

First is The Reelists blog that is currently finishing up a marathon of Harry Potter books and films in anticipation for the first part of Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows.

The second is Between the Seats from Edgar who is currently doing a marathon of Rambo movies with another blogger from my Filmspotting forum cohort at Bill's Movie Emporium.

The third blog that I've just discovered is Things That Don't Suck which I found to be very entertaining in its array of old and new films.

The fourth and final blog is Big Thoughts From a Small Mind by CS who mentioned my review of The Leopard earlier this month. I figured I'd return the favor as he is finishing up a list of films he'd seen at the Reel Asian Film Festival.

That's all the news for now as tomorrow, I will post my fifth and final post relating to Jack Nicholson for Martin Scorsese's 2006 film The Departed while I hope to attend Roger Waters' The Wall live tomorrow.  Thank you and good night.

No comments: